Who are we?
To provide a fun, realistic Australian Arma 3 MILSIM Unit whilst building an active, semi-casual community.
SOCOMD, as an Australian Arma 3 MILSIM Unit, aims to provide members with an authentic and enjoyable MILSIM experience by partly emulating the organisational structure utilised by real world SOCOMD. Every member will receive training on basic military tactics such as: Basic Airborne, Section Urban Operations and Conventional Section Fighting while also learning to use and play with our modset, including ACE and ACRE2.
Who are We?
Special Operations Command (SOCOMD) is an Australian based Arma 3 MILSIM unit that is structured around the 2nd Command Regiment (2CDO) of the ADF. We specialise in cooperative Arma 3 gameplay utilising equipment, weapons and vehicles employed by the ADF.
We don't enforce strict MILSIM rules like addressing members by rank or saluting officers. We do however, maintain a reasonable standard of discipline, authenticity and respect while still keeping things fun and enjoyable. Out of operations, we are mostly casual with plenty of Aussie banter, but when we jump into a mission, we expect all our members to be switched on
Many of our members current and past were or are actively serving military personnel in the ADF, this is the unit for you if you want a semi-casual yet authentic Australian Arma 3 MILSIM experience.
When do we play?
Here's a breakdown of our week:
Friday Night - Official Operations
- Friday Nights are reserved for our main operations
- Begins 8:00PM AEST, members are to be on teamspeak 15 minutes prior to start time
- Concludes with a debrief.
Tuesday, Wedenesday and Thursday Night - Training
- Combat Basic Training Course Part 1 & 2
- Begins 7:00PM AEST
- Time taken: 2-3 hours for both Parts
Monday Night - Recruit Interviews
- Interviews and Recruit induction/setup, mostly used as a way to better get to know our new applicants.
- Begins 7:00PM AEST
- Time taken: 20-30 minutes
- Depending on the availability of SOCOMD Staff, Interviews and CBTC1/2 can be held on request for those unavailable for the standard times listed above.
- We encourage members to run their own Mini-Ops, and they are often run by various members during the week. They are a great way to get to know other members and practice individual & leadership skills.
Any Day - Mod Updates, Mini-Ops and Miscellaneous
>What if I can't make the standard Interview, Training or Mission times?
If you have the time, come and hang out with us on teamspeak, there are often members playing games and chatting with one another. There are multiple different games that our members play outside of Operations.
If a Trainer is available and willing, and you can't make the usual training nights, you can organise training on an off-night. Please be mindful that we prfer to do training in groups as this helps keep training more time-efficient.